You know that feeling you get when you can’t decide between breakfast or lunch? Do you want burgers and fries or eggs and pancakes? It’s one of the most common dilemmas that has plagued indecisive diners for generations. Luckily, when you’re near a city like Queens, there are plenty of cozy dining options for even the pickiest foodies. So, without further delay, here is Ollie’s definitive guide to the best brunch in Queens.
Where to Find the Best Brunch in Queens
The Sparrow Tavern
Most people wouldn’t consider a cocktail bar a prime spot for brunch, but at The Sparrow Tavern, located in Astoria, it’s a match made in heaven. In fact, the tavern was recently featured on the Food Network’s “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” with Guy Fieri.
What to Expect
When you visit for brunch, you can start off with morning beverages such as coffee, tea, espresso, cappuccino or cocktails like a Bloody Mary, Mimosa or Spiked Egg-Nog. When it’s time to order your meal, you can choose from many delectable dishes, including:
- Chicken Tinga Scrambled Eggs (three eggs, pulled chicken, tomato, chipotle)
- Smoked Salmon Omelette with goat cheese and chives
- The Sparrow Grilled Cheese with Fontina, Manouri, truffle oil and radicchio
- Multi-grain pancakes topped with Vermont maple syrup
When it comes to brunch The Sparrow Tavern really hits the mark. Brunch is served from 10 am to 4 pm every weekend.
If you’re looking for American comfort food in a trendy environment, Sanfords in Long Island City is the place to visit. Although they’re open 24/7, Sanfords actually has one of the area’s top brunch spreads, especially if you enjoy delicious cocktails like Screwdrivers and Bellinis.
Start out with tasty, small dishes like Blue Point Oysters and Filet Mignon Spring Rolls, then move on to heartier options like:
- Prime Skirt Steak Skillet with peppers, onions, eggs and gruyere
- Truffled Fried Egg Ciabatta with bacon, gruyere and truffle butter
- Andouille Sausage Quesadilla with eggs, peppers, onions, Swiss cheese and avocado
- Cinnamon & Pecan French Toast with warm maple and blueberry compote
- Crispy Duck Confit & Waffles with sweet plantains and maple syrup
Sanfords is perfect for coming together with friends and family to enjoy delicious food and drinks in a warm, casual setting. Make your brunch reservation here.
Tacuba is one of Astoria’s favorite Mexican cantinas, especially for brunch. Every weekend from noon to 4 pm, you can enjoy a meal that showcases traditional Latin fare while surrounded by an authentic cultural décor and ambiance.
They offer an unlimited drink option for $19.95. You can enjoy endless Raspados, De La Casa, Sangria, Mimosas and Bloody Marys for an hour and a half. As for the meal, Tacuba offers tons of mouthwatering Mexican dishes like:
- Chilaquiles with crispy tortillas, tomatillo salsa, crema and radish salad
- Pan con Dulce de Leche with roasted banana French toast and dulce de leche
- Mexican-style Pancakes with crema, lemon and berry pico de gallo
They also have plenty of other delicious options to choose from. However, it certainly gets busy—so make your reservation today!
You will be hard-pressed to find a more fun and delicious brunch in Queens than at any of these three neighborhood hotspots!