Among the five boroughs, Queens is often underrated as having one of the best nightlife scenes besides New York City. Next time you’re out in the area, make sure you grab a drink or spend the night at these great Queens bars.
Your Guide to the Best Queens Bars
Since 1912, this Flushing staple has served Queens as one of the area’s favorite corner neighborhood pubs. A piece of old-world New York, Fillmore’s Tavern is perfect for a quiet drink with friends, as well as big weekend get-togethers.
There’s a full kitchen churning out house favorites like Popeye Pasta, Black Angus Meatloaf and Shrimp Po Boy. Their drink menu includes signature libations like Fillmore’s Old Fashioned, Uncle Dick’s Irish Coffee and Coconut Cream Pie Martini, as well as a wide selection of beer and wine.
Some of their daily specials include:
- Wednesday: 25% off appetizers and drinks from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 25% drinks at the bar and a free buffet from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: 50 cent wings, $3 Irish Nachos and discounted beer buckets ($13 domestic and $18 imported) during football games
Wine Time Wine Bar
For a quaint, intimate evening out, look no further than Wine Time Wine Bar in Douglaston. Their expansive wine list includes:
- Pinot Noir, Bourgogne Les Ursulines, France
- Cabernet Sauvignon, Educated Guess, Napa, CA
- Moscato, Villa Rossa, California
- Chardonnay, Waterbrook, Washington
- Sparkling Brut Blanc de Blanc, Kriter
If wine isn’t your thing, they have a wide variety of domestic, imported and craft beers. Some of their best tapas snacks are:
- Spicy Citrus Marinated Olives
- Apricot Goat Cheese Almond Bites
- Chocolate and Whipped Cream Tart
Bourbon Street in Bayside is the go-to Queens bar for the area’s best Cajun and creole food. In addition to the main grill, there’s also a rooftop bar and restaurant so you can check out sprawling, gorgeous views of Queens. If you stop by, make sure you try entrees like Jambalaya, Bourbon Street’s BBQ Baby Back Ribs or Cajun Bayou Pasta.
Bourbon Street isn’t only known for its food, it’s also great for nightlife, with something going on every day of the week. Featured specials include:
- Monday: Half price bottles of wine with entrée purchase
- Tuesday: Ladies Night (ladies drink free at the bar from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m)
- Wednesday: Late night happy hour ($1 domestic drafts and hurricane shots)
- Saturday: $25 open bar from 10 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Sunday: 25 cent wings at the bar all day
Majlis Hookah Lounge & Café
For a happening time in Queens, check out Majils Hookah Lounge & Bar in Bellerose. They have a full drink and dinner menu, but their signature hookah flavors are the real draw. Some of the best flavors are:
- Fresh pineapple
- Jolly Rancher
- Mango Blast
- Double Apple
What are some of your favorite Queens bars?